Increase Same-Store Sales of a Multi-Billion Dollar Quick Serve Restaurant by 10%.
Makowsky Group was given full autonomy and free range throughout the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) Company, but without a designated budget or dedicated personnel. Therefore, we focused on opportunity areas. At the onset of the project, catering represented less than 1% of annual sales, due to an unsuccessful performance in the past.
- Created a third party catering company for Panda Express.
- Increase catering from 1% to 10% of annual company revenue.
- Evaluated technology and database options.
- Developed and executed ideas for successful catering operations.
- Created marketing collateral to share with customers.
- Hired, retained, and inspired “A-player” sales representatives.
- Implemented a bonus program, providing high incentive to A-Players.
- Lined up potential new candidates for hire.
- Model reps generated 15x salary.
- Performed local store marketing on a weekly basis.
- Food runs for guests to sample. Local marketing couponing and information during off-peak catering hours.
- Fostered daily meetings with general management and operations team, in addition to area-wide team meetings to coordinate successful rollout.
- Trained associates to deliver customer satisfaction at every interaction.
- Encouraged follow-up with customers after every delivery.
- Supported store during short-staffing/start-up.
- Increased store hourly bonus.
- Managed overflow orders through store network.
- Create a map of local businesses, top leads, and potential leads. Build a strong relationship with top contacts.
- Increased sales by double-digits within 90 days.
- Increased catering sales to over $18K per period.
- Experienced multiple days where sales exceeded $3000/store, with a record of $4400/store in sales per day.